Theme: Art, Walking, Religious, History
It's a walking tour during 2-4 hours depending on your walking speed. Some highlights:
1) The Qosha Qala entrance, also known as the Shamakhy Gate, which dates from the 12th century.
2) The Old Customs Building where everyone entering the old city was required to undergo sanitary and hygienic treatment.
3) Saint Nikolay Church
4) The remains of the Baku Khans Residence, an architectural monument of the 19th century. This complex was a residence of the Baku khans who ruled Baku from 1747 to 1806.
5) The "Chain House" (dating from the 19th century), now the site of the Museum of Ethnography and Archeology.
6) The Multani Caravanserai, a medieval guest house where Multan merchants lodged and dealt in commerce and trade.
7) The Bukhara Caravanserai, a shelter for merchants coming to Baku for trade.
8) Khanegahs are places where the Sufis lived and worked.
9) The Maiden Tower is the symbol of Baku and is unique in the world for its giant cylinder shape which is 28 meters in height. It played an important role in the fortification of Baku during the Middle Ages.
10) The remains of Saint Bartholomew Church can be found. Bartholomew was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ. He tried to preach Christianity in Baku where fire-worship traditions were more popular, and for that he was put to death.
11) Haji Bani Hamam a community bath that was also a place of communication and played the role of a social club.
12) The Mugham (Eastern Music) Theatre
13) The Ashur Mosque (12th century AD), given to the Lezghin workers for their religious ceremonies.
14) The Djame Mosque (12th century) played a significant role in the social, political and cultural life of medieval Azerbaijan. The state courts were here and all orders and decrees were sent out from here.
15) The Medrese (XIIth century AD) was an education establishment under the control of the mosques and trained secondary school teachers.
16) The Mahammad Mosque is a monument from the ancient Islamic period.
17) The Shirvanshahs’ Palace Complex is the last residence of the rulers of the Shirvan state whose dynasty lasted thousands of years.
More than 10783 certified tour guides
in over 180 countries
More than 8000 guided tours
Tailor made or already prepared visits
You can choose!
Contact for free
Talk to your guides in order to prepare your visit!
And no booking fees
In 5 languages